Vang Vieng is not only famous for its water sports and party atmosphere, but also home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in Laos. On this 2-day private tour from Vientiane, visit Tham Chang Cave or stop at traditional villages such as Ban Pha Thao's Hmong Village and KM 52, and Ban Keuan (the salt village) and cruise down Nam Xong River for amazing experiences.
Day 1: Vientiane – Ban Houy Mo
Day 2: Vang Vieng – Tham Chang Cave – Ban Keuan Village – Vientiane
Day 1: Vientiane – Ban Houy Mo (L)
Pick up from your hotel in Vientiane at 8 a.m, and set out on the around 3.5-hour drive north to Vang Vieng.
On the Road, visit the Hmong Village of KM 52 and the archaeological site in Vang Xang, where you can admire one of the country’s oldest statues, dating back to the 11th century. Visit the Ban Houy Fishing Village Mo and enjoy lunch at the local restaurant before proceeding to Vang Vieng.
On the rival in Vang Vieng, immerse yourself in the scenery on a boat cruise along the Nam Xong River. In the decline of day, stop in Vang Vieng then check in your hotel and enjoy the rest of the evening at your leisure. Overnight at a hotel in Vang Vieng and get ready for the new journey in tomorrow morning.
Day 2: Vang Vieng – Tham Chang Cave – Ban Keuan Village – Vientiane (B, L)
After being picked up from the hotel in Vang Vieng, the next destination to visit is Tham Chang Cave, then continue to Ban Pha Thao Hmong Village to learn more about the culture, the tradition of Hmong People as well as their rich cultural heritage.
Set out on the return journey to Vientiane, by the way, stop to explore Ban Keun village, famous for its traditional salt production. Then, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
1. All of our itineraries can be tailor-made to suit your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Please click on the “Tailor this trip" button and complete the requested information for us. Upon receipt, our travel consultant will customize the best value vacation for your kind consideration. Please note: Changes CAN be made to the itinerary after our initial quote, but may result in a price change also!
2. We are aware that a good tour must have good hotels. In Indochina in particular (Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia & Laos) hotel prices make up the major expense of your holiday. Therefore, we would like to clarify how we define these charges:
· Boutique & character hotels: from $50-$80 USD per room/ per night
· Comfort = 3 star hotels from US$ 40 - US$ 60 per room/ per night
· Superior = 4 star hotels from US$ 80 - US$ 110 per room/ per night
· Deluxe = 5 star hotels from US$120 - US$ 190++ per room/ per night
· High-end = Best of the best hotels fr om US$ 250++ per room/ per night
- All transfers & transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Accommodation based on double/ twin shared with daily breakfasts
- Local boat as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as listed in the itinerary: B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner
- Local English Speaking Guides, Other languages on request
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as specified
- Mineral water on coach
- Government taxes and service charge
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Early check-in and late check-out at all hotels
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping…)
- Tipping/ Gratuities
- Single supplement
- Visa fee
- International air ticket
- International airport tax
- Other meal, drink, Tip to guide and driver, personal expenses
- Supplement for French, Spanish, Italian and German speaking guide
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate
Service Details During The Trip
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Vietnam by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
- Private Local Tour Guide: You will have legally licensed local tour guide in each destination, from welcome and farewell you at the airport. Your guide will guide, help, assist and taking care of you in order to make your tour worry-free. The good guide for you means we arrange the right guide. Vietnam Exploration Booking will arrange tour guide base on the feature of the itinerary and consists of the group, to maximize your experiences in traveling.
- Private Drivers & Vehicle: Safety is first priority for transportation. A well maintained good condition car with legal business licensed and an experienced driver to make sure you are in safe hands. To maximize your comfort and joyful experience with driving service, cold drinking water, cold towel are provided in the car.
- Local Flavor Meals: Don’t worry about meals; we select both restaurants and menus for you. Vietnam Exploration Booking tours will select clean and good environment restaurants for our customer. Menu is also carefully selected by us to ensure you try different food every meal. We will recommend and arrange local cuisine since it is part of the cultural experience while traveling. We also recommend dinners are free on your own so you can choose your favorite food by yourself under necessary assistance of your local guide.
Thing to bring:
Comfortable clothes for seating on Sampan and make you more active for cycling, bring hat, cap, Suncream, sun glasses, insect repellent are also necessary because the weather in Laos can be very hot in Sumer. It is normally hot in April, May, June, July, August, September and October.
You should take cash with you because banking system sometimes does not function well. Us Dollar, Euro, Australian Dolla are sometime accepted in your trip.
You shoule take medicine with you although there are some chemist’s shops in Laos in case you get sick.
Did we hit all the items on your travel bucket list for your holiday?
If not, don’t worry. We specialize in tailor-made tours and can customize this program to create your dream trip. Get in touch with your personal Travel Consultant to create your personalized program.
Don't want the fun to end?
Why not combine this tour with Cambodia tours, Vietnam tours, Myanmar tours or spend a few days in the tropical paradise that is the Viet Nam coast? We take care of everything from flights to transfers and accommodation so that you can relax and enjoy your holiday. Explore our other destinations or speak with your personal Travel Consultant for some expert advice on suitable combinations.