Sihanoukville is Cambodia's premier beach destination, popular with locals, backpackers and expats alike. But despite considerable amounts of recent development, the town can still be disappointing for those who come expecting a Thailand-like beach experience. Sadly, when many people think "Cambodia islands" they draw a blank, but nothing could be further from the truth -- Cambodia has some outstanding islands -- and here are some of our favourites.
Day 01: Phnom Penh Arrival – Sihanoukville
Day 02: Sihanoukville Excursion
Day 03: Sihanoukville Excursion
Day 04: Sihanoukville – Phnom Penh Departure
Day 01: Arriving Phnom Penh – Sihanoukville (B, L)
Your flight will land in the capital Phnom Penh – Pearl of Asia. If possible, take a short break, breathe the Cambodian atmosphere, then continue to travel by car to Sihanoukville for your trip. The journey from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville takes about 4 to 5 hours. After arriving in Sihanoukville, you will be taken to the hotel for check-in, spend the rest of the day breathing the sea air and exploring the beaches.
Day 02: Sihanoukville Excursion (B, L)
Sihanoukville looks different from most other Cambodian cities. Built-in the late 1950s to make the port city, Sihanoukville is newer, more urbanized and more integrated with the world than other Cambodian cities. Now, Sihanoukville is a tourism city in which Cambodia people go on holiday during the weekend and the number of foreign visitors is increasing. Visitors can catch cows occasionally crossing the main road, the curious eyes of the local people. Most beaches have umbrellas, eatery-roofed eateries, more restaurants, bungalows, and hotels. Tourism has not been exploited much here, so the landscapes, as well as the beaches, are very wild and clean.
The second day of your vacation is free. You can walk around the white sandy beaches, soak yourself in the seawater and experience interesting activities such as swimming, diving, then rest and enjoy seafood dishes. Overnight in Sihanoukville to enjoy the nightlife here
Day 03: Sihanoukville Excursion (B)
Continue to explore the coastal city – Sihanoukville. You can visit the villages here, experience the daily life of the fishermen to understand more about people and culture here. Alternatively, take time to visit famous sites in Sihanoukville such as the Kampong Pier Nup Lok, the Golden Lion statue (Vimean Tao Meas), the Iber Bilkhalifah Mosque, Mount Sihanoukville, and lots of other places. Overnight in Sihanoukville
Day 04: Sihanoukville – Phnom Penh – Departure (B)
This is the last day in Sihanoukville. After breakfast, you can walk around on the beaches, buy some souvenirs, enjoy the day at leisure before your transfer back to Phnom Penh in the afternoon. Hope you have memorable experiences after this 4-day Sihanoukville trip.
1. All of our itineraries can be tailor-made to suit your requirements, allowing us to create the perfect holiday just for you. Please click on the “Tailor this trip" button and complete the requested information for us. Upon receipt, our travel consultant will customize the best value vacation for your kind consideration. Please note: Changes CAN be made to the itinerary after our initial quote, but may result in a price change also!
2. We are aware that a good tour must have good hotels. In Indochina in particular (Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos) hotel prices make up the major expense of your holiday. Therefore, we would like to clarify how we define these charges:
· Boutique & character hotels: from $50-$80 USD per room/ per night
· Comfort = 3 star hotels from US$ 40 - US$ 60 per room/ per night
· Superior = 4 star hotels from US$ 80 - US$ 110 per room/ per night
· Deluxe = 5 star hotels from US$120 - US$ 190++ per room/ per night
· High-end = Best of the best hotels fr om US$ 250++ per room/ per night
– Experienced English speaking guide
– Private transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
– Accommodation in double/twin sharing rooms with daily breakfast
– Other meals as mentioned in the itinerary (Breakfast = B, Lunch = L, Dinner = D)
– Boat excursion
– Bottled drinking water for sightseeing
– International/domestic airfares & tax
– Travel Insurance. (We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home)
– Personal expenditure (telephone, laundry, shopping and so on…)
– Tips for guide, driver, porters and project cost
– Beverage and alcoholic drinks
– Any other services not clearly mentioned in the itinerary and trip inclusive portion
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate
Service Details During The Trip
We’ll immerse you in the diverse cultures of Cambodia by showcasing the unique local flavors. And with the perfect balance of included sightseeing and free time, you can customize your dream vacation with the things you have always wanted to do.
Private Local Tour Guide: You will have legally licensed local tour guide in each destination, from welcome and farewell you at the airport. Your guide will guide, help, assist and taking care of you in order to make your tour worry-free. The good guide for you means we arrange the right guide. Vietnam Exploration booking Tours will arrange tour guide base on the feature of the itinerary and consists of the group, to maximize your experiences in traveling.
Private Drivers & Vehicle: Safety is first priority for transportation. A well maintained good condition car with legal business licensed and an experienced driver to make sure you are in safe hands. To maximize your comfort and joyful experience with driving service, cold drinking water, cold towel are provided in the car.
Local Flavor Meals: Don’t worry about meals; we select both restaurants and menus for you. Vietnam Exploration booking Tours will select clean and good environment restaurants for our customer. Menu is also carefully selected by us to ensure you try different food every meal.
We will recommend and arrange local cuisine since it is part of the cultural experience while traveling. We also recommend dinners are free on your own so you can choose your favorite food by yourself under necessary assistance of your local guide.
Well-Selected Hotels: Comfort and good value is our priority for choosing hotels for our customers. Comfort of mattress and bedding, joyful decoration style, user friendly facilities, good service and good breakfast!
Things to bring:
Comfortable clothes make you more active for walking and driving jouney, bring hat, cap, Suncream, sun glasses, umbrella, Swimming suit, insect repellent are also necessary because the weather in Cambodia can be very hot day time.
You should take cash with you because banking system sometimes does not function well. Us Dollar, Euro are accepted.
You shoule take medicine with you although there are some chemist’s shops in Cambodia in case you get sick.
Did we hit all the items on your travel bucket list for your holiday?
If not, don’t worry. We specialize in tailor-made tours and can customize this program to create your dream trip. Get in touch with your personal Travel Consultant to create your personalized program.
Don't want the fun to end?
Why not combine this tour with a Laos tours, Vietnam tours, Myanmar tours or spend a few days in the tropical paradise that is the Viet Nam coast and island? We take care of everything from flights to transfers and accommodation so that you can relax and enjoy your holiday. Explore our other destinations or speak with your personal Travel Consultant for some expert advice on suitable combinations.