Vietnam Motorbike Tour To Ha Giang
Hanoi - Vu Linh - Ha Giang - Dong Van - Meo Vac - Bao Lac - Ba Be Lake - Hanoi.
- Encounter with minority groups: Dzao, Bo Y, H'mong, Black Lo Lo, San Chi, Tay
- Driving and boating trip in isolated area
- Stunning mountain landscapes and nature discovery: Limestone rocks plateau zone, Ma Pi Leng pass, Ba Be national park
- Homestay experience
When it comes to Vietnam’s beauty, it will be a great deficiency if you don’t mention about Ha Giang, the farthest province in the North of Vietnam. Joining the motorbike tour Northeast Vietnam with us on 6 days is a wonderful experience to explore the scenery of this remote area with the towering rocks, inhibited by many hill tribes for hundreds of years. This motorbike tour is specially designed for every motorcyclist who desires to conquer the toughest topographies in Vietnam.
Day 1: Hanoi-Vu Linh(180km)
Day 2: Vu Linh-Ha Giang(180km)
Day 3: Ha Giang- Dong Van(180km)
Day 4: Dong Van-Bao Lac(90km)
Day 5: Bao Lac-Ba Be lake(160km)
Day 6: Ba Be lake-Hanoi(230km)
Day 1: Hanoi-Vu Linh-180km(L,D)
We will set off the motorbike tour by taking the motorbike from the store located in the outskirt of the busy city. After being explained carefully about the itinerary of Vietnam Exploration Booking and enjoy the breakfast, we will ride motorcycle from the west side of the city and move along the Red River.
The roads are not hard for motorbike touring. We will reach Thac Ba lake first and then head up on the rugged path to Vu Linh, the home of many Dzao indigenous people on the side of lake. Our northern Vietnam motorbike touring team will stay in the homestay of Dzao people for the 1st night of the trip.
Day 2: Vu Linh-Ha Giang-180km(B,L,D)
After the breakfast, our Halong unesco tour crew continues to ride along Thac Ba Lake on a bumpy road, shadowed by the line of trees on 2 sides and naturally decorated by the massive mountains. You also can see the life of local ethnic people, whose life mainly lean on the mountain ranges and forests. This motorbike riding part could be the best of the whole Motorbike tour Northern Vietnam.
We will come to Ha Giang city, where we take the rest for 1 night and ask for the permission to ride along the border.
Day 3: Ha Giang- Dong Van-180km(B,L,D)
Coming to the 3rd day, you will have a extremely fascinating riding day with Vietnam Exploration Booking. Having taken the permission yesterday, we can ride along the border areas with Chinese, where you will surely be stunned by the wild beauty of nature. Riding motorbike through the winding mountain passes, you will have the most relaxing and enjoyable of the whole motorbike touring Northeast Vietnam.
We ascend to the Ma Pi Leng mountain pass, another incredibly stunning masterpiece of nature in the northwest motorcycle trip, with the panoramic view down to Nho Que River. It is not the end of fantastic things when we keep riding to Dong Van plateau, a remote area in Ha Giang with many hill tribes on the rugged monoliths. There is a range of ethnic minorities such as Dzao, Giay, H’mong. You will be surprised by their ambition and vitality to conquer the hardest conditions.
When we come to Dong Van town, you can admire the ancient town dating back for the long time with many old houses built with clay bricks and tiles roofs.
The Vietnam Exploration Booking today will be more marvelous for one night stay in the traditional house (or mini hotel, optionally) in Meo Vac. Just enjoy your relaxing night to try local foods and drinks after an intensive riding with motorcycle ride to the Northern Vietnam.
Day 4: Dong Van-Bao Lac-90km(B,L,D)
On the 4th day, all the motorcyclists in our crew will have to cross many tough roads which are still under construction and full of stagnant holes. However, the payback is really worthy when you can take a look at the wild glorious scenery of the northern Vietnam areas on the back of motorbike. It is another highlight of Vietnam Exploration Booking
After the long riding in the North of Vietnam, we will have a rest in Bao Lac town. This town is near the border so it is like the junction point of many ethnic groups to gather here and conduct trading activities in market. If you come here on Sunday, you can see the true beauty of a mountainous market.
Day 5: Bao Lac-Ba Be lake-160km(B,L,D)
The road from Bao Lac to Ba Be Lake is another spotlight making this Northern Vietnam motorcycle trip more memorable. You will descend from the high mountain range to the area of greatest natural lake in Vietnam- Ba Be Lake. We can spend the time enjoying the boat tour on the Ba Be Lake if the time is suitable. It will be along day riding but also exciting and joyful when we can enjoy the peaceful nature with the tranquil atmosphere in Ba Be Lake.
After the boat tour, we will come back to the homestay of indigenous residents. It is an awesome experience of motorcycle touring in North of Vietnam when riding to Ba Be Lake today.
Day 6: Ba Be lake-Hanoi-230km(B,L)
In the last day with Vietnam Exploration Booking, we have to start earlier than other days for the long riding from Northeast Vietnam back to Hanoi. It will be challenging but what nature can offer to you on the way is worth every hour you spend on riding. We will reach Ha Noi before the rush hour, roughly 4 pm and finish the motorcycle tour in North Vietnam, specially tailored by Vietnam Exploration Booking team.
Our tour price is based on NUMBER OF GUESTS (the more people in the group, the less money each person will pay) and TYPE OF BIKES (the smaller bike you take, the less money you will pay). Please contact us for the right price, or you can view the sample price below for the regular tours North Vietnam by 125cc – 150cc bikes:
- Tour for group of private solo rider: 200 USD/Day
- Tour for group of 2 riders: 150 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 3 riders: 140 USD/Day/Person
- Tour for group of 4 – 10 riders: 130 USD/Day/Person
Tour price includes:
- Experienced English speaking tour guides (2 tour guides/mechanic for a group from 5 riders)
- Quality Honda XR150L or Honda CRF250L or other bikes we have with all fuel
- Quality Helmets/Gloves/Knee and elbow pads/Rain jackets/pants
- All meals on tour (All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with local Vietnamese food)
- Accommodation on tour (twin share room in standard hotel or stay at homestay as mentioned in itinerary)
- Boat rides on lakes or rivers as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance fee / Permits
- Hotel pick up/drop off before and after the tour
Tour price excludes:
- Medical insurance
- Bike damages
- Personal expense
- Air tickets and visa to Vietnam
- To secure your bookings we require a minimal of 30 % deposit. Balance can be made upon arrival
- The rider is responsible for any bank charges. ( surcharge 3,5% if you pay by credit card )
- The balance can be paid by cash or credit on the first day of the trip
- If you cancel the Vietnam motorbike tour before the departure date, you will lose 100% of the deposit.
- If you cancel the tour after the departure date, you will lose 100% of the total cost/ fee of the tour for any reason.
- After departure, NO REFUNDS will be given for any reason, if you cancel the tour.
- A Damage Cost deposit of US$ 100 – 1,000 or more is required for each motorcycle for using in the guided or self-guided motorcycle tours. In case of a self-caused accident, your own participation is up to US$ 2,000 or more.
You Need Travel Insurance!
Make sure you have travel insurance, and don’t scrimp on it either! We recommend world nomads for their good adventure travel coverage. The other option you can check out is Save wings, although their coverage for adventure travel is minimal.
If you’re planning on driving a motorbike through Vietnam, it’s important that you have the right type of licence for it in order for your insurance to fully cover you.
Did we hit all the items on your travel bucket list for your holiday?
If not, don’t worry. We specialize in tailor-made tours and can customize this program to create your dream trip. Get in touch with your personal Travel Consultant to create your personalized program.
Don't want the fun to end?
Why not combine this tour with Halong tours, Ninh Binh tous, Hue tours, Hoian tours or spend a few days in the tropical paradise that is the Viet Nam coast? We take care of everything from flights to transfers and accommodation so that you can relax and enjoy your holiday. Explore our other destinations or speak with your personal Travel Consultant for some expert advice on suitable combinations.